Here's just a list of recipes that are already on the blog that you could use as freezer meals. Double a recipe & freeze half to use later! I've also added my own tips for freezing foods.
Crock Pot Chili
Wheat Berry & Bean Chili
Lentil & Sausage Soup
Shredded Beef au Jus
Red Beans & Rice
Japanese Fried Rice
Tofu & Beef Lettuce Wraps
Easy Chicken Tacos
Honey Lime Enchiladas
Greek Stuffed Peppers
Basil Pesto (freeze in ice cube trays)
TIPS & ADVICE
1. You can freeze cooked rice! Just make sure you keep it in a separate baggy/container than whatever you plan on eating it with.
2. Cooked noodles do NOT freeze well. So any dish that requires you to add the pasta while cooking do not make great freezer meals. But marinara sauce does great in the freezer. Just cook your pasta right before dinner.
3. Things with cream or half & half also do NOT freeze well. Something about the fat & how it curdles just comes out of the freezer looking gross.
4. Ditto with things that have a cornstarch slurry. Just think of day-old refrigerated gravy....you get the idea.
5. Beans do GREAT in the freezer. So any soup with beans makes for a terrific freezer meal.
6. Sometimes soups with potato in them are weird when thawed. Use caution there. I prefer to omit the potato when freezing, then I boil some just before adding them later on.
7. I LOVE to freeze breads. At any given time I have various types of bread, hamburger buns, bagels, muffins, & tortillas (not sure that qualifies as bread) in my freezer. Yes, my freezer like my fridge (umm, I mean...fridges) are stuffed to maximum capacity!