Sunday, September 25, 2011
2 lbs. tomatillos, husked & rinsed
1 onion, halved
2 bell peppers
2-5 jalepenos or serrano chiles
1 t. salt
2 T. cilantro
Juice of 1 lime
1. Heat up your grill & prep the veggies.
2. Roast tomatillos, onion & peppers over high heat. Cook until tomatillos and onions have softened a little and the peppers are charred.
3. Remove from grill & let sit until everything is cool enough to handle. Then peel the skin off of the peppers.
4. Put all of the ingredients in a food processor & chop until you have the consistency you like.
1/2 c. peanut butter (the fresh ground kind is my fav)
1/2 c. honey or agave
1/4 c. chopped nuts
1/4 c. dried fruit
2 c. raw oats
Pinch of Salt
1. Microwave pb & honey for 1 minute.
2. Mix in nuts, fruit & salt.
3. Then add oats and combine.
4. Put on a pair of latex gloves for this part. Roll into golf ball sized balls & freeze for 30 min.