Friday, August 28, 2009
Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers
I love this recipe from Ellie Krieger! It's a great way to use up the veggies from your garden during this time of year too!
1 lb. ground beef
10 oz. frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry
1 medium zucchini, grated
1 small onion, minced
1/2 c. bulghur
1 egg, beaten
1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. salt
3 bell pepper, halved lengthwise & cleaned out
2 cans stewed tomatoes, chopped
1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the beef, spinach, zucchini, onion, bulghur, egg, oregano, salt & pepper.
3. Fill each pepper half with beef mixture. Top with tomatoes & sprinkle with feta cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 30 min.
5. Uncover & bake for 25 min. more.