Friday, May 25, 2012
Have you heard of Bodyrock? Mostly, it's a website that has a lot of high intensity kick your butt workouts. At least, they kick mine. But sometimes they post awesome (and healthy) recipes. These portobello pizzas were wonderful! I love healthy foods that tastes like your favorite non-healthy treats!
1 T. olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 tomatoes, diced
1 t. basil
1 t. parsley
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
4 portobello mushrooms
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Saute onion & bell pepper in oil until tender.
3. Add garlic & cook until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, basil, parsley & pepper flakes. Cook until just heated through (you don't want mushy tomatoes).
4. Clean your mushrooms & take out the stem. Place them bottom side up on a cookie sheet and fill each mushroom with the tomato mixture.
5. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for 12 minutes.