Thursday, May 3, 2012
Indian Butternut Cauliflower Soup
1 large head cauliflower, washed & cut into florets
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 small butternut squash, peeled & diced
2 small sweet potatoes, peeled & diced
6 c. water or stock (using stock gives it a heartier flavor)
1 t. garam masala
Salt & Pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the cauliflower on the cookie sheet. Drizzle with 1 T. olive oil and season with salt & pepper and a pinch of garam masala. Bake for 20-30 minutes until tender.
3. Meanwhile, in a large pot, saute the onion in the remaining oil until tender. Add garlic & cook 1 minute more.
4. Add squash, sweet potato, liquid & garam masala. Bring to a boil, then simmer until veggies are tender (about 20 min.)
5. Blend the soup until smooth. Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces and stir into the soup. Season with salt & pepper to taste.