Thursday, April 23, 2009
Banana Cream Pie
We had our neighbor over for dinner tonight and made this for dessert. It's Ty's favorite pie.
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. corn starch
1/8 t. salt
5 egg yolks
2 c. whole milk
1/2 c. evaporated milk
1 t. vanilla
2 T. butter
1 graham cracker pie crust
1. Whisk together sugar, corn starch, salt & egg yolks. Immediately add milks.
2. Cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat, add vanilla & butter.
4. Cover and let cool at least 30 minutes before transferring to pie crust.
5. Put 1/2 of the custard in your pie crust, layer with banana slices, and top off with the other 1/2 of the custard.
6. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Serve topped with whipped cream.
**Putting the bananas in the middle keeps them from turning brown**