2/3 cup flour
2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cut into pieces (about 1 pound)
1/4 cup, light brown sugar
5 tablespoons granulated sugar plus more for tin
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3/4 cup whole milk
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Brush melted butter inside each muffin cup; coat with granulated sugar.
2. Peel, core,and slice each apple into twelve wedges, then cut each wedge into three pieces.Toss with brown sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice.
3. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.Add the apples and saute, turning occasionally, for 10 to 12 minutes, until caramelized. Remove pan from stove; let cool 5 minutes. Divide the caramelized apples among the muffin tins.
4. Place flour, salt, granulated sugar, melted butter, eggs, and milk in the bowl of a food processor. Process for 3 minutes.
5. Pour batter over apples. An adult should place tin in oven and lower heat to 400 degrees. Bake 15 minutes. Pancakes will puff up during last 5 minutes of baking.
6.Take tin from oven and turn it over on a flat surface to remove pancakes. Dust with confectioners' sugar.