Friday, December 18, 2009
Cranberry-Orange Chex Mix
This is a traditional Christmas treat at our house. We gave it away to our neighbors this year too. This recipe makes 20 servings.
3 c. rice chex
3 c. wheat chex
3 c. corn chex
1 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. orange juice concentrate
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine chex & almonds in a large roasting pan.
3. In a microwaveable bowl, combine butter, sugar & OJ. Microwave for 30 seconds.
4. Pour over cereal & nuts. Mix well & cook uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes.
5. Stir in cranberries & let cool.
**1/2 cup serving has 140 calories & 5g fat**