Sunday, November 8, 2009
This dessert is requested for just about every birthday in my extended family. It's also nice that I can make a reduced sugar version for my diabetic mother. I'll put the diabetic conversions in parenthesis.
1 box chocolate cake mix (reduced-sugar cake mix)
2 boxes chocolate pudding (sugar-free pudding)
2 c. milk
2 c. heavy cream
Chocolate syrup (sugar-free chocolate syrup)
1 container cool whip (sugar-free cool whip)
2 skor bars (Russell Stover's sugar-free chocolate toffee)
1. Prepare one box of pudding with two cups of milk & refrigerate.
2. Whip one box of pudding with two cups of heavy cream until stiff & refrigerate.
3. Bake cake mix according to directions on box. Let cool before cutting into 2-inch cubes.
4. Crush skor/toffee in a plastic baggie.
5. In a glass trifle dish, layer the cake, chocolate cream, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
6. Next, layer more cake, chocolate pudding, cool whip, and top with crushed toffee.
**You can use nuts if you don't like toffee or in addition**