Wednesday, July 29, 2009
We always grill a lot of chicken in the summertime. I usually make double what we would eat at one meal so that I have quick, lean protein to add to wraps, sandwiches, salads & quesadillas. These are a few of our favorite combinations, but use whatever fresh herbs you have on hand.
1. Juice of a lemon, 1/4 c. olive oil, rosemary & basil, salt & pepper.
2. Juice of 1-2 limes, 1/4 c. olive oil, cilantro & parsley, salt & pepper.
3. Juice of 1 orange, 1/4 c. olive oil, thyme & parsley, salt & pepper.
4. Juice of 1 grapefruit, 1/4 c. olive oil, rosemary, thyme & sage, salt & pepper.
1. Marinade for 1 hour.
2. Grill for 6-7 min. on each side over Medium heat.
3. Let the meat rest for 5 min. (it will continue cooking) before serving.
**We like to add onions & garlic to every marinade we prepare to make it more flavorful, but this is optional**