Monday, February 27, 2012
(Better than PF Chang's) Lettuce Wraps
I don't know about you, but I'm not a huge fan of PF Chang's. Every time I go they are super slow, and the food is not that good. It's either too salty or too flavorless. But that's my opinion. I know lots of people that love that place. To each his own I guess. Regardless of your stance, this knock-off from Iowa Girl Eats is fabulous.
1 lb. ground turkey or chicken
1/2 large onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, cleaned & chopped
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled & grated
1 T. sesame oil
1/4 c. soy sauce
1 T. water
1 T. peanut butter
1 T. honey or agave
2 T. rice vinegar
1 T. chili garlic sauce
Pinch of black pepper
1 bunch green onions
1 can sliced water chestnuts, drained & chopped
1/4 c. peanuts, chopped
Lettuce for wrapping
1. In a large skillet cook the chicken/turkey until nearly done.
2. Add the onion & bell pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the mushroom and garlic. Cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, water, pb, honey, vinegar, chili sauce & pepper. Microwave for 30 seconds & stir until smooth. Add to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Stur in the green onion and water chestnuts and cook for 1 minute until heated through.
6. Top with chopped peanuts & serve with cold lettuce leaves.