1 lb. low-fat Italian sausage
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
1/2 t. pepper
4 c. low-sodium chicken stock
2 c. water
2 cans white beans, drained & rinsed
1 head kale, washed & chopped
1 c. non-fat half & half
1. In a large pot, brown the sausage over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until tender (5 min)
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant (30 sec)
4. Stir in pepper, stock, water, beans & kale. Cook until kale is tender (20-30 min)
5. Stir in the half & half. Season with salt & pepper if desired.