I'm always looking for ways to use all that leftover turkey I end up having in the fridge! Here's one good recipe that doesn't have those traditional Thanksgiving flavors that you may be sick of by now. :)
- 1 pound turkey, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the onions and green pepper over medium heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer; Drain. Sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Stir in the turkey, beans, tomatoes, water, rice and olives.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until rice is tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.