Saturday, January 16, 2010
Key Lime Cake
I love, love, love this cake. I think it will be my birthday cake this year. Thanks to my mother-in-law for the fabulous recipe!
1 White Cake Mix
3 T. Lime Juice
12 oz. bag of frozen raspberries or blackberries
8 oz. carton of Cool Whip
Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
½ cup fresh lime juice (2-3 limes)
1. Preheat oven to 350. Make cake mix as directed on box except substitute 3 T. of lime juice for 3 T. of the water. Bake in two 9" layer pans.
2. Zest limes and save to decorate top of cake.
3. Whip together condensed milk & lime juice until slightly thickened. Fold in Cool Whip.
4. Layer one cake 2/3 of the berries, then topping, the other cake, topping, berries in the center and lime zest.
5. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.