This is for you Melanie! It's is easily one of my family's all time favorite soup recipes. Perfect for a cool fall evening!
2 T. avocado oil
1 onion, chopped
4-5 carrots, peeled & chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
5 cloves garlic
1 t. oregano
Salt & Pepper to taste
8 c. broth of choice (I use low sodium veggie)
28 oz. diced tomatoes
1 c. ditalini pasta (I sometimes use whole wheat macaroni)
1 can white beans, drained & rinsed
2 zucchini, diced small
1 head kale or chard, destemmed & chopped
1/4 c. fresh basil or 2 T. pesto
1. Saute onion, carrot, bell pepper in avocado oil until onion is translucent (about 5 min).
2. Add garlic, oregano, salt & pepper and cook 1 min more.
3. Add broth & tomatoes and bring to a boil.
4. Add pasta & beans. Cook until pasta is almost done (time varies depending on the pasta you use).
5. Stir in zucchini & kale. Cook a couple minutes more, until veggies are tender.
6. Turn off the heat and add the basil or pesto. Serve with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.