I'm starting a detox today. Whole foods only, starting out with fruits/veggies/nuts only. Here's a recipe (that I modified slightly) from Whole Living that is delish! It's foods like this that make a cleanse easy.
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 t. ginger
- 1/2 t. turmeric
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 apple, peeled, quartered, and chopped
- 4 c. chopped butternut squash
- 3 c. water
- Coarse salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add spices and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add carrots, apple, squash, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil; cover partially and reduce to a simmer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Working in batches, puree until smooth in a blender. Adjust seasoning, if necessary.