I use this recipe whenever I need a quick spaghetti sauce. It's a great way to spice up your favorite bottled sauce.
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 c. mushrooms, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper
1 T. basil
1 T. parsley
1 t. garlic powder
1 bottle pre-made spaghetti sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 c. cream
1. Saute onions and pepper in olive oil until tender (5 minutes).
2. Add mushrooms and cook for one more minute.
3. Add garlic, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant (30 seconds)
4. Add spaghetti sauce & canned tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, and stir in cream.
**Zucchini works well in the place of mushrooms, or as an addition**
Monday, March 15, 2010
I don't have many memories of my Grandma, but the few that I do have are usually of the two of us baking together. These "cakey" cookies are one of my favs.
1/4 c. butter
1 c. sugar
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 t. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 c. raisins
1/2 c. nuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg, applesauce & vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt, soda and baking powder.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet. Mix until well combined. Add raisins and nuts.
5. Bake for 12 minutes.