I use this recipe whenever I need a quick spaghetti sauce. It's a great way to spice up your favorite bottled sauce.
2 T. olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 c. mushrooms, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
Salt & Pepper
1 T. basil
1 T. parsley
1 t. garlic powder
1 bottle pre-made spaghetti sauce
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 c. cream
1. Saute onions and pepper in olive oil until tender (5 minutes).
2. Add mushrooms and cook for one more minute.
3. Add garlic, basil, parsley, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook until fragrant (30 seconds)
4. Add spaghetti sauce & canned tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, and stir in cream.
**Zucchini works well in the place of mushrooms, or as an addition**